||The Process for Sellers
There are effective steps in the process of selling your home.
With my 23+ years of sales, management and marketing experience,
I have prepared a list of steps that we will take in selling
You have one chance to make a first impression to a perspective buyer. Preparing
your home to place on the market and the complicated marketing steps involved,
I have added another page outlining more
in detail these crucial steps.
The following is purely a high-level marketing strategy that we will put in place
before applying the more detailed strategy:
- We will review the factors that influence the sale of your home. They include
the location of your home, local comparable sales, market conditions and interest
rates / the economy.
- Once we have established the general factors we will work together on the
immediate factors that influence the sale of your home, for example, the current
condition of your home, the list price and the availability to show your home,
i.e., dogs, nightshift hours, etc.
- We will need to access your objectives, goals and reasons for selling your
- I will work with you in determining a listing price by comparing your home
to other properties in the neighborhood that are currently on the market,
pending sale or recently closed escrow.
- I will encourage you to have necessary inspections and repairs needed on
the property prior to deciding on a list price. I will provide you with quality
referrals to reputable service providers
throughout the transaction.
- We will then work together in creating a specific and strategic marketing
plan to promote the sale of your home. Most of these techniques are standard
and are used throughout the industry, though through my years of marketing
and managing, I have curtailed it to specifically help sell your home.
- I will encourage you to "stage" your home for that initial impact
to the perspective buyer. Buyer's are challenged by seeing through your personal
belongings, this is an easier way for them to "envision" how the
home would look with "neutral" colors and furniture.
- I will follow up with you about any new inventory on the market that may
be competitive to your home.
- I will ensure that I will fully understand your terms and time frames prior
to an agent writing an offer on your property.
- I will have disclosure packets (including required contractual forms and
property disclosures) available to an agent for his/her client either on-line
or in my office. It is very important to confirm that all disclosures and
reports have been received, read and "signed off" prior to an agent
submitting their offer.
- We will review the buyer's ability to qualify for financing, and confirm
that cash funds are available. We only proceed if a buyer's financial position
is strong, ensuring a solid transaction. We do not want to take your house
off the market if we are not completely sure that we have a financially-solid
- I will review all the contracts thoroughly with you and explain the process
and time frames that will be involved.
- I will review the estimated closing costs and the proceeds of the sale with
- I will explain and we will negotiate needed repairs on the property after
the buyer's inspections.
- I will monitor the escrow process, ensuring that all time frames are adhered
to, and keeping you fully informed. Make sure the buyer is performing in accordance
with the purchase contract.
- I will arrange with the title company the signing of all necessary documents
as well as how you prefer to have your proceeds delivered.